Risk Management, November 2005, Issue No. 6workers’ compensa- tion, variable annuity, long-term care, property, Florida hurricane, pandemic or any other ... know in any risk management situation. And the direct experience that casualty actu- aries can bring ...
Description: Full version of Risk Management, November 2005, Issue No. 6.Hide
- Authors: John Hele, Francis Sabatini, Hubert B Mueller, Steven Siegel, Donald F Mango, David L Ruhm, Michelle Smith, Henk van Broekhoven, H Felix Kloman, Kevin Joel Dowd, Roma Jakiwczyk, David Ingram, Mark Evans, Jens Alkemper
- Date: Nov 2005
- Publication Name: Risk Management
Hedging Variable Annuity Guarantees: A Practical DiscussionOnce the reinsurance market started to dry up, the direct writers had to look at other alternatives. Not ... there are even differences of opinion within our primary auditor in terms of how you should go about valuing ...
Description: From a session at the Spring meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in San Antonio, Texas, June 14-15, 2004 The panelists discuss the benefits of hedging variable annuity guarantees, the challenges they face and how they keep score.Hide
- Authors: Zafar Rashid, Francis Sabatini, Application Administrator, Daniel D Heyer, Mark Evans
- Date: Jun 2004
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities>Guaranteed living benefits; Annuities>Variable annuities; Finance & Investments>Risk measurement - Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Generally Accepted Accounting Principles [GAAP]; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Stochastic models