Claims – The Final Frontier?Claims – The ... Article from: Long-Term Care News April 2005 – Issue No. 14 Authors’ ... Unfortunately, some insurers view financial results as the primary indicator of the health of their business, and ...
Description: This is an article about claims and the growing impact they have on insurance companies financially.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Mary Ann Wilkinson
- Date: Apr 2005
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Morbidity; Long-term Care; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance
Health ExpectancyHealthy 5-3 Incidence Rates to Skilled Nursing Care 5-4 Incidence Rates, Average Stay, and Claim Cost ... (2) needs assisted living and (3) needs skilled care. Comparisons are given with external sources. As ...
Description: This paper defines health expectancy as that part of life expectancy where the person is expected to be healthy. It also breaks down the remainder of life expectancy into two unhealthy categories, one where assisted living will be necessary, and one where a skilled nursing facility will be necessary. These expectations are calculated for many combinations of age, other demographic characteristics, and current health issues.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, John M Bragg, James C Brooks
- Date: Feb 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Actuarial Practice Forum
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Morbidity; Pensions & Retirement>Risk management