The Financial Reportersecondary guarantee (ULSG) products. This is a direct result of New York’s rejection of the Actuarial ... mates of fulfillment cash flows for an underlying direct insurance contract that are recognized immediately ...
Description: The September 2014 Issue of the Financial Reporting Section's newsletter, The Financial ReporterHide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries, Frank Grossman, William Sayre, Francis de Regnaucourt, Karen Rudolph, Henry Siegel, R Thomas Herget, R Inglis
- Date: Sep 2014
- Competency: Communication>Written communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Leadership>Thought leadership; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: The Financial Reporter
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Management skills; Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Actuarial Profession>Standards of practice; Enterprise Risk Management>Capital management - ERM; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Finance & Investments>Capital management - Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting>International Accounting Standards Board [IASB]; Financial Reporting & Accounting>International Financial Reporting Standards [IFRS]; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Statutory accounting; Pensions & Retirement
Navigating Through Stormy Seasa captive or career agency system so they do not care about it; they do not even calculate agent retention ... through a different channel where there is less direct contact with a customer. You can also segment ...
Description: Presented at October 1996 Annual Meeting. This session will describe the theoretical and practical aspects of several tools currently being used by a growing number of companies to assist in strategic re-positioning as financial supermarkets.Hide
- Authors: David E Neve, Richard Wong, John W Boynton
- Date: Oct 1996
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration>Effective decision-making; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Management skills; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management