SOA Long Term Trends Valuation Model Webinar QuestionsSOA Long Term Trends Valuation Model Webinar Questions Responds to questions received ... model, and the effect of the globalization of health care. Globalization;Risk modeling; 7049 4/1/2008 12:00:00 ...
Description: Responds to questions received during the webcast with regards to modeling long term medical trends for valuation purposes. Questions cover testing the model against publicly traded companies, the calculation of growth rate in the model, the income multiplier as the population ages, model relevance to Canada, factoring in of extra disease burdens, exclusion of aging in the model, and the effect of the globalization of health care.Hide
- Authors: Thomas Getzen
- Date: Apr 2008
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Long-term Care>Medical expenses; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Forecasting
What does ERM mean for Health Practitioners?Why Care About Enterprise Risk Management? I n late 2008, the health insurance industry faced a number ... Garnett 10 New Member Impact on Medicaid Managed Care Costs By Bela Patel Fernandez and Jeff Smith ...
Description: In this article, the author discusses the considerations and advantages of implementing an integrated enterprise risk management program for a health insurance company, and presents a summary of Aetna's experience with ERM as a case study.Hide
- Authors: Max Rudolph
- Date: Feb 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Relationship Management>Staff management and motivation; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration>Effective decision-making; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Enterprise Risk Management; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Forecasting
Projected Cost Analysis of Potential Medicare Pharmacy Plan Designssignificant current public policy issues in health care is the lack of coverage for prescription drugs ... prescription drug claims data provided by Medicare managed care contributors and contains experience for over 50 ...
Description: Research report sponsored by SOA to model and compare projected costs of different proposals for a Medicare prescription drug coverage plan. 3 types of costs are studied: net benefit cost estimates per member per month, continuance table data, and projected annual costs to the government over 10 years for two selected plan designs.Hide
- Authors: Lynette Trygstad, Timothy Feeser, Corey Berger
- Date: Jul 2003
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership>Change management; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability>Public financing - Health & Disability; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Forecasting; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare; Technology & Applications>Analytics and informatics