Individual Annuity Product Updatecome in at third place at 18%, while banks and direct response channels together have now a 10% market ... • VErthinthe variable annuity sector, banks and direct response channels are increasing their market shares ...
Description: 1992 SOA Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C. This individual annuity product update focused on a market overview, SEC developments, market value adjusted annuities, and the marketing of annuities through financial institutions.Hide
- Authors: Gordon C Boronow, Stephen E Roth, Hubert B Mueller, Daniel Jaquez, James M Truax
- Date: Oct 1992
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities>Fixed annuities; Public Policy
Risk-Based Capital C-3 Testingscreen for solvency. Solvency, of course, is the primary concern of regulators. In particular, the purpose ... rating process how the results come out. They don’t care if you’re exempt or if you have to file. They ...
Description: This presentation is an open forum, session number 12OF, from the 2000 Valuation Actuary Symposium, held September 14-15 in Washington, DC. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners [NAIC] has proposed a requirement that certain products have risk-based capital [RBC] C-3 determined as the greater of a calculation based on fixed factors, and results of a formalized cash-flow test. The panelists provide a summary of the requirements of C-3 testing, followed by an open discussion regarding implementation issues and other questions.Hide
- Authors: Nancy Bennett, Hubert B Mueller, Miles B Yakre
- Date: Sep 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Topics: Financial Reporting & Accounting>Statutory accounting; Public Policy