MACRA's Strategic Implications: What Providers and Health Plans Need to KnowMACRA's Strategic Implications: What Providers and Health Plans Need to Know MACRA not only impact providers, ... Value-based insurance design, Health care payment reforms, Managed care 7/3/2019 12:00:00 AM ...
Description: MACRA not only impact providers, it will impact the entire healthcare market. MACRA published studies and commentary to date have primarily focused on providers, with the majority of the information addressing the impacts to clinicians. However, our investigation indicates MACRA has far reaching impacts to payers as well as providers. MACRA is impacting each geographic market and line of business in a unique way, and health payers will have multiple strategic decisions to consider given the changing market dynamics.Hide
- Authors: Julie Witt, James Dolstad
- Date: Jul 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Economics; Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability
US GAAP Targeted Improvements for FAS 60 Long Duration Products Webcastwhole life, term, fixed annuities and long-term care (LTC). The presenters will discuss the accounting ... reserves, Premium deficiency reserves, Long-term care reserves 16833 1018 6/18/2019 12:00:00 AM Vincent ...
Description: This webcast will focus on the accounting changes for traditional products, including whole life, term, fixed annuities and long-term care (LTC). The presenters will discuss the accounting and methodology changes and comparing the income statement and balance sheet under the new standards. The target audience are actuaries and other professionals who develop and use financial reporting for these products.Hide
- Authors: Vincent Bodnar, Douglas Van Dam
- Date: Jun 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Annuities; Economics; Financial Reporting & Accounting; Life Insurance; Long-term Care; Reinsurance
2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit Evolve with today’s disruptive technology. Empower ... width: 100%; } } SOA Premier Corporate Sponsor SOA Primary Corporate Sponsors <script type="application/ld+json"> ...
Description: Evolve with today’s disruptive technology. Empower yourself through innovation. Elevate the actuarial profession. It all begins at the 2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit, where you’ll learn new techniques, examine current industry trends, and witness the technology defining the actuarial future. Embrace it all—the informative sessions, the innovative exhibits, and the unmatched networking opportunities. Embrace change today to create a stronger tomorrow for the actuarial profession.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Oct 2019
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership; Professional Values; Relationship Management; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Actuarial Profession; Annuities; Demography; Economics; Enterprise Risk Management; Experience Studies & Data; Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting; General Insurance (Property & Casualty); Global Perspectives; Health & Disability; Life Insurance; Long-term Care; Modeling & Statistical Methods; Pensions & Retirement; Predictive Analytics; Public Policy; Reinsurance; Social Insurance; Technology & Applications
An Exploration of Lifecycle FinanceAn Exploration of Lifecycle Finance Many retirement actuaries have experience developing, ... purchase disability insur- ance to avoid losing your primary income source upon illness or injury. You purchase ...
Description: Many retirement actuaries have experience developing, implementing, and monitoring Liability Driven Investing (LDI) strategies for plan sponsors. These strategies typically involve modifying a plan’s investment strategy to remove a significant portion of the investment and interest rate risk now or at some point in the future when specific triggers are met. The tactics often involve the use of fixed income assets to cash flow and/or duration match the liabilities. In the spirit of helping actuaries expand their roles in an evolving defined contribution world, this article explores the application of LDI and derisking strategies within defined contribution and individual retirement accounts. The economic theory behind this approach is called the lifecycle hypothesis, or lifecycle finance. The benefits of the lifecycle finance method are that it provides a safe approach to save for retirement and a secure source of floor income during retirement. Similar to pension plans, each individual has his or her own idiosyncratic needs, wants, and risks that should be considered. Actuaries are uniquely situated to help defined contribution plan sponsors, individuals, and even themselves implement the lifecycle finance approach by developing and distributing tools and methods that focus on income (rather than wealth), LDI strategies, and personalization.Hide
- Authors: Matthew Brady
- Date: Sep 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Retirement Section News
- Topics: Economics; Economics>Financial economics; Pensions & Retirement; Pensions & Retirement>Defined contribution and 401k plans; Pensions & Retirement>Pension investments & asset liability management; Pensions & Retirement>Plan design; Pensions & Retirement>Retirement risks; Pensions & Retirement>Risk management; Pensions & Retirement>Post retirement risks