Session 015: Actuaries and Pharmaceutical Manufacturers: Friend or Foe?Session 015: Actuaries and Pharmaceutical Manufacturers: Friend or Foe? Recently, actuaries ... create a mutual understanding that will begin to direct future conversations to benefit both stakeholders ...
Description: Recently, actuaries have become more involved in formulary decisions due to high and variable pharmacy cost and utilization trends. How can actuaries and pharmaceutical manufacturers work together to better predict the market while covering key drugs? What discussions are currently taking place between manufacturers and payers? Is there value in these discussions that actuaries are missing? This presentation will provide both actuarial and manufacturer perspectives in order to create a mutual understanding that will begin to direct future conversations to benefit both stakeholders.Hide
- Authors: Whitney Pratt, Jason Fehr, Karl J. Gregor
- Date: May 2019
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Economics>Health economics
MACRA's Strategic Implications: What Providers and Health Plans Need to KnowMACRA's Strategic Implications: What Providers and Health Plans Need to Know MACRA not only impact providers, ... Value-based insurance design, Health care payment reforms, Managed care 7/3/2019 12:00:00 AM ...
Description: MACRA not only impact providers, it will impact the entire healthcare market. MACRA published studies and commentary to date have primarily focused on providers, with the majority of the information addressing the impacts to clinicians. However, our investigation indicates MACRA has far reaching impacts to payers as well as providers. MACRA is impacting each geographic market and line of business in a unique way, and health payers will have multiple strategic decisions to consider given the changing market dynamics.Hide
- Authors: Julie Witt, James Dolstad
- Date: Jul 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Economics; Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability
Retiree Medical Insurance Management: Perspectives from an Independent Retiree Resource Centerfacilities and state Medicare specialists and elder care services on site for consultation and referral ... access information. SET UP AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS AND DIRECT DEPOSITS Some retirees are afraid of automatic ...
Description: This paper identifies and discusses issues affecting retirees’ abilities to successfully navigate medical insurance choices after their employer retiree medical insurance group benefit plan has been terminated and replaced by an outsourced health reimbursement account (HRA) providing accessibility to a stipend through eligible medical insurance claims submissions.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Jun 2019
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Pensions & Retirement>Retiree medical; Social Insurance>Medicare; Social Insurance>Postemployment benefits