The Role of Predictive Analytics in US Healthcare MarketAnalytics in US Healthcare Market The U.S. health care industry has gone through a dramatic change during ... management model. People can shop online for their health care coverage. Everyone is welcome! Annual and lifetime ...
Description: The U.S. health care industry has gone through a dramatic change during the past several years. The business model has moved from a risk selection model to a risk management model. People can shop online for their health care coverage. Everyone is welcome! Annual and lifetime dollar limits, underwriting and the pre-existing conditions exclusion are all in the history book now. Facing the challenges of the post-reform era, many health insurance carriers began using big data analytics on all aspects of their decision-making processes. The goal is to be able to compete on analytics in this quickly changing environment. However, becoming an analytics competitor is not easy. It requires the belief from the leadership and a group of dedicated analytical professionals to solve emergent business problems that existing strategies cannot address in an evolving market. These problems include marketing for acquisition and retention, coding accuracy, revenue growth, health care disparity, payment integrity, quality of care, health care cost reduction and, ultimately, personalized care management. In this section, audience will learn a basic understanding of the role of predictive analytics in US Healthcare marketplace.Hide
- Authors: Wu-Chyuan Gau
- Date: Sep 2019
- Competency: Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Modeling & Statistical Methods; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Data mining
2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit Evolve with today’s disruptive technology. Empower ... width: 100%; } } SOA Premier Corporate Sponsor SOA Primary Corporate Sponsors <script type="application/ld+json"> ...
Description: Evolve with today’s disruptive technology. Empower yourself through innovation. Elevate the actuarial profession. It all begins at the 2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit, where you’ll learn new techniques, examine current industry trends, and witness the technology defining the actuarial future. Embrace it all—the informative sessions, the innovative exhibits, and the unmatched networking opportunities. Embrace change today to create a stronger tomorrow for the actuarial profession.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Oct 2019
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership; Professional Values; Relationship Management; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Actuarial Profession; Annuities; Demography; Economics; Enterprise Risk Management; Experience Studies & Data; Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting; General Insurance (Property & Casualty); Global Perspectives; Health & Disability; Life Insurance; Long-term Care; Modeling & Statistical Methods; Pensions & Retirement; Predictive Analytics; Public Policy; Reinsurance; Social Insurance; Technology & Applications
Economic Scenario Generators, Part I: Motivation for Stochastic ModelingEconomic Scenario Generators, Part I: Motivation for Stochastic Modeling This article is the ... Increasing the number of scenarios leads to a direct increase in modeling workloads (i.e., two scenarios ...
Description: This article is the first installment of a three-part series that aims to provide an overview of ESGs and will focus on the general motivation for stochastic modeling, its advantages and its limitations. Future articles will further break down the key factors of ESGs and the application of these factors to better understand the Academy Interest Rate Generator (AIRG).Hide
- Authors: Dean Kerr, Matthew Zhang, Rahat Jain
- Date: Nov 2019
- Competency: Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: The Modeling Platform
- Topics: Modeling & Statistical Methods; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Scenario generation; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Stochastic models
Implementation and Modeling Emerging Practices for Life PBRImplementation and Modeling Emerging Practices for Life PBR Mandatory implementation of life ... Acceleration of benefit (non-zero cost) 37% Long-term care 34% Acceleration of benefit (zero cost) 32% THE ...
Description: Mandatory implementation of life principle-based reserves (PBR) is just around the corner, and there is no shortage of work to do, as most products have yet to be moved to PBR. Oliver Wyman recently completed its 2019 PBR survey, with more than 40 participants covering 85 percent of the individual life market, including 23 of the top 25 life writers and five reinsurers. This article will expand on the key survey findings including implementation status and model simplifications.Hide
- Authors: Simon Gervais , Kevin Carr, Haley Christine Jeorgesen , Chris Whitney
- Date: Dec 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: The Financial Reporter
- Topics: Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Pricing - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Reserves - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Secondary guarantees; Life Insurance>Term life; Life Insurance>Product development - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Universal life; Life Insurance>Whole life; Modeling & Statistical Methods