Session 092: Leveraging CMS’ public use files and research data to drive competitive and strategic positions as well as improve healthcare operationsclosely follow federal law. The Sherman Act, is the primary U.S. antitrust law pertaining to association activities ... Determined by QE Data Access & Matching No matching No direct data, must use SAS platform, matching available ...
Description: CMS provides a significant, and growing amount of information that can be leveraged by actuaries. Between the public use and research files CMS makes publicly available large amounts of information that can be assimilated to begin to understand the who, what, when, where, and how of Medicare. This session will focus on the depth and breadth of data available, summarize any restrictions on the use of the data, and identify areas where access to the new data can provide more meaningful insights than CMS's historical data sets.Hide
- Date: May 2019
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Policyholder or participant behavior - Experience ; Social Insurance>Medicare
Retiree Medical Insurance Management: Perspectives from an Independent Retiree Resource Centerfacilities and state Medicare specialists and elder care services on site for consultation and referral ... access information. SET UP AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS AND DIRECT DEPOSITS Some retirees are afraid of automatic ...
Description: This paper identifies and discusses issues affecting retirees’ abilities to successfully navigate medical insurance choices after their employer retiree medical insurance group benefit plan has been terminated and replaced by an outsourced health reimbursement account (HRA) providing accessibility to a stipend through eligible medical insurance claims submissions.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Jun 2019
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Pensions & Retirement>Retiree medical; Social Insurance>Medicare; Social Insurance>Postemployment benefits