An Overview of Health Issues and Recent Developments for the Non-Health Actuarysession discussed about expected trends in medical care costs, changes in Medicare reimbursement practices ... responsibility for providing long-term care, rise of managed health care, new and old participants, selection ...
Description: This session discussed about expected trends in medical care costs, changes in Medicare reimbursement practices and their short- and long-term effects, the emerging responsibility for providing long-term care, rise of managed health care, new and old participants, selection issues, multiple options, and small group market.Hide
- Authors: Phyllis Doran, Roland E King, Charles Larimer, Joseph W Moran, John K Ninomiya
- Date: Apr 1986
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Leadership>Change management; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Experience Studies & Data; Health & Disability>Health care; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare
Development of the 1974 Medical Expense Tables$1972 level of charges; duplication of medi- care. 41 TABLE 16 COMPARISON OF TwO-YEAR PRELIMINARY ... can predict accurately what the trends in medical care costs will be over the period 1972-78. The 1977-78 ...
Description: This paper describes the development of the net annual claim costs, net premiums, and reserve factors that comprise the 1974 Medical Expense Tables. From Transactions of Society of Actuaries 1978, Vol. 30.Hide
- Authors: E Paul Barnhart, Phyllis Doran, Charles Habeck, Anthony J Houghton, Francis T O'Grady, Ronald M Wolf, Lee Zinzow
- Date: Oct 1978
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data