Soundbites from the American Academy of Actuaries' Health Practice Council Activitiesforces, to educate health care policymakers on issues including health care reform, Medicare, loss ratios ... Cancer;Financial reporting;Health care quality;Long-term care=LTC;Loss ratio=LR;Medicaid;Medicare;Premiums;Risk ...
Description: Updates on the efforts of the Academy’s health practice council. its work groups and task forces, to educate health care policymakers on issues including health care reform, Medicare, loss ratios, premium review, reinsurance, benefit and eligibility changes, exchanges, and risk based capital.Hide
- Authors: Heather E Jerbi, Tim M Mahony
- Date: May 2011
- Competency: Communication>Written communication; Leadership>Thought leadership; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Health & Disability; Public Policy
Individual Disability Income Problemsof the early 1930s seems to indicate that the primary problem is claim durations. The stock market crash ... who say they are disabled. I believe that the primary reason why the private and public disability income ...
Description: Panel discussion on current issues, trends, and methodology in individual disability income insurance, including overinsurance, pricing, financial reporting, as well as efforts by professional associations to address these issues.Hide
- Authors: Anthony J Houghton, William J Taylor, Martin L Zeffert, Benjamin J Jones
- Date: Oct 1977
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability>Disability insurance; Public Policy