2020-international-health-virtual-meetingfuture health care costs, and a focused look at long-term care insurance in China. • Health care costs, health ... health care quality, health factors, long-term care=LTC, risk measurement 18685 1018 7/16/2020 12:00:00 ...
Description: Following the successful SOA Virtual Health Meeting this June, this half-day seminar provides select health sessions that would be of interest to our members and stakeholders outside of North America. Presenters will discuss a variety of health-related topics, including personalized disease risk prediction, how technology will impact future health care costs, and a focused look at long-term care insurance in China.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Jul 2020
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership; Professional Values; Relationship Management; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Health & Disability>Health care quality; Health & Disability>Health information technology; Long-term Care>Long-term care innovation
Potential Joint Government and Private Sector Initiativesfirst initiative aims at reducing the cost of health care at the provider level. The second initiative provides ... provides a means to improve the quality of health care. The third initiative creates a constructive basis ...
Description: This paper provides an outline of three potential initiatives that may be undertaken by the government and the private sector. The first initiative aims at reducing the cost of health care at the provider level. The second initiative provides a means to improve the quality of health care. The third initiative creates a constructive basis for identifying medical best practices to enhance quality.Hide
- Authors: Dale Yamamoto
- Date: Jun 2009
- Competency: Communication>Written communication; Leadership
- Topics: Health & Disability>Health care; Health & Disability>Health care quality; Health & Disability>Health information technology; Public Policy
The Actuary Vol. 7, No. 6 Book Review - Biological Imperative by Allan ChaseThe Actuary Vol. 7, No. 6 Book Review - Biological Imperative by Allan Chase An actuarial perspective ... health care reform options. Demographics;Health care quality;Post-acute care;Preventive care; 11906 ...
Description: An actuarial perspective on a book review of Biological Imperatives a book written by biologist Allan Chase. An interesting perspective which may be of interest as the United States evaluates its health care reform options.Hide
- Authors: Jerome M Stein
- Date: Jun 1973
- Competency: Leadership
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Ethics; Demography>Population data; Health & Disability>Health care quality
Soundbites from the American Academy of Actuaries’ Health Practice Councilintended and unintended effects of different health care reform proposals. The model’s Web interface allows ... Academy’s Medicare Steering Committee and Health Care Quality Work Group submitted comments to Senators ...
Description: Report on the activities of the Academy’s health practice council and its work groups.Hide
- Authors: Heather E Jerbi, Melissa Lawler
- Date: May 2009
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk measurement - ERM; Experience Studies & Data; Financial Reporting & Accounting; Health & Disability>Health care quality; Long-term Care; Public Policy