The Actuary & the Future of U.S. Health InsuranceThe Actuary & the Future of U.S. Health Insurance Article focusing on the current and ... in the U.S. Government-funded healthcare;Health care reform;Health policy;Social insurance; 8046 6/1/1999 ...
Description: Article focusing on the current and future state of health insurance in the U.S.Hide
- Authors: John A MacBain
- Date: Jun 1999
- Competency: Communication>Difficult message delivery; Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Influence; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view
- Publication Name: Actuary of the Future
- Topics: Health & Disability>Public financing - Health & Disability; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Government-funded healthcare
The Sustainability of the New American Entitlement: Actuarial Values and the ACAThe Sustainability of the New American Entitlement: Actuarial Values and the ACA The article ... viewpoints. Social insurance;Funding policy;Health care reform;Health economics 6442471771 9/1/2016 12:00:00 ...
Description: The article discusses the sustainability of the ACA individual market from a public entitlement standpoint. A key point of measuring sustainability is the reliance on market forces rather than federal budget constraints. The article explains why an actuarial viewpoint of sustainability is necessary to a greater extent than other public assistance and social insurance programs. The article challenges actuaries to be a bold, objective voice in a space that is full of opinionated but often uninformed viewpoints.Hide
- Authors: Gregory Fann
- Date: Sep 2016
- Competency: Communication>Difficult message delivery; Communication>Persuasive communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Leadership>Change management; Leadership>Influence; Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values>Ethical standards; Professional Values>Practice expertise; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Publication Name: In The Public Interest
- Topics: Economics>Behavioral economics; Economics>Financial markets; Health & Disability>Health insurance; Health & Disability>Public financing - Health & Disability