Virtual International Retirement OlympicsVirtual International Retirement Olympics The Society of Actuaries (SOA) has recently looked at ... Retirement Modeling & Statistical Methods Long-term care Life 18592 1018 7/24/2020 12:00:00 AM R. Dale ...
Description: The Society of Actuaries (SOA) has recently looked at retirement risks and consumer attitudes in a variety of projects around the world including the United States, Canada, Asia Pacific and Latin America markets. Experts will address the following, how do these different markets stack up in relation to consumer sentiments, the use of financial advisors and retirement product interests around the world? Participants will also learn about a variety of risks and opportunities, product features, consumer retirement aspirations, and see which markets are industry leading.Hide
- Authors: R. Dale Hall, Susan Lynn Mateja, Alberto Abalo
- Date: Jul 2020
- Competency: Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Global Perspectives; Life Insurance; Long-term Care; Modeling & Statistical Methods; Pensions & Retirement; Public Policy; Social Insurance
2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit Evolve with today’s disruptive technology. Empower ... width: 100%; } } SOA Premier Corporate Sponsor SOA Primary Corporate Sponsors <script type="application/ld+json"> ...
Description: Evolve with today’s disruptive technology. Empower yourself through innovation. Elevate the actuarial profession. It all begins at the 2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit, where you’ll learn new techniques, examine current industry trends, and witness the technology defining the actuarial future. Embrace it all—the informative sessions, the innovative exhibits, and the unmatched networking opportunities. Embrace change today to create a stronger tomorrow for the actuarial profession.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Oct 2019
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership; Professional Values; Relationship Management; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Actuarial Profession; Annuities; Demography; Economics; Enterprise Risk Management; Experience Studies & Data; Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting; General Insurance (Property & Casualty); Global Perspectives; Health & Disability; Life Insurance; Long-term Care; Modeling & Statistical Methods; Pensions & Retirement; Predictive Analytics; Public Policy; Reinsurance; Social Insurance; Technology & Applications
Perspectives from Anna: Caregiving, Housing and Support and the Influence of COVID-19issues related to caregiving, family and long-term care, and related SOA research. The SOA has addressed ... retirement planning, housing and retirement, long-term care, cognitive decline 10/1/2020 12:00:00 AM ...
Description: This article provides an overview of the relationship to COVID-19 to issues related to caregiving, family and long-term care, and related SOA research. The SOA has addressed these topics in several research reports not related to COVID-19 and in recent reports related to COVID-19. It is currently working on new projects to help people better address some of the issues. The article also includes some highlights of efforts by ASEC, the ERISA Advisory Council 2020 projects, and an educational program focused on these issues. It then focuses on a number of things that employers might do to be supportive in addressing these issues. The employer issues focus on employees, retirees and caregiving employers. In thinking about this, employers can focus on financial wellness programs, employee assistance programs, and prepaid legal programs. A list of topics to considered for educational offers is included.Hide
- Authors: Anna M Rappaport
- Date: Oct 2020
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Retirement Section News
- Topics: Long-term Care; Long-term Care>Long-term care facilities & home care; Pensions & Retirement; Pensions & Retirement>Post retirement risks
Living to 100: Survival to Advanced Ages: Insurance Industry Implication on Retirement Planning and the Secondary Market in Insuranceimmediate annuities, investment products and health care products, in order to maximize a set of defined ... varying risk/return characterizations and health care products for the morbidity risk, there are three ...
Description: The paper will focus on two broad areas, integration of insurance products with investment products to mitigate the risk of outliving one’s assets in post-retirement financial planning. Modeling and pricing for the longevity risk in the secondary market in insurance.Hide
- Authors: Jeyaraj Vadiveloo, Charles I Vinsonhaler, Peng Zhou, Application Administrator
- Date: Jan 2008
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Topics: Annuities>Individual annuities; Finance & Investments>Investments; Long-term Care; Pensions & Retirement; Pensions & Retirement>Retirement risks