Employers Should Consider a Single Plan Documentto protect against the risk of large long-term care costs in old age) • The mechanics of operating ... and energy on the program administration can re-direct their time, money and energy on developing better-suited ...
Description: An “eligible combined plan”allows the promise, funding and delivery of both pension benefits funded by the employer and salary deferrals funded by the employeesHide
- Authors: Barry Kozak
- Date: May 2018
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Topics: Pensions & Retirement>Corporate plans; Pensions & Retirement>Defined benefit plans; Pensions & Retirement>Defined contribution and 401k plans; Pensions & Retirement>Plan design
A Portfolio Approach to Retirement Income Securityunforeseen expenses, such as medical or long-term care • Preserve the ability to apply unused funds as ... face significant risks for medical and long-term care expenses. In theory, both of these risks can be ...
Description: Retirees and their advisors should construct diversified portfolios of retirement income, allocating among various retirement income classes that include Social Security, annuities, and systematic withdrawals from invested assets. This essay discusses the pros and cons of various retirement income generators and the issues with constructing retirement income portfolios.Hide
- Authors: Steven Vernon
- Date: May 2016
- Competency: Communication>Difficult message delivery; Communication>Persuasive communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Leadership>Thought leadership; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Publication Name: Pension Section News
- Topics: Annuities>Fixed annuities; Annuities>Individual annuities; Annuities>Investment strategy - Annuities; Demography>Longevity; Economics>Behavioral economics; Finance & Investments>Asset allocation; Pensions & Retirement>Defined contribution and 401k plans