The Silent Majoritynonforfeiture modern- ization, Medicare reform, health care entities that assume risk, Social Security solvency ... you will fail. In too many situations, health care companies and providers are seen as adversaries ...
Description: This article discusses reasons why the Society of Actuaries is not vocal in expressing its opinion.Hide
- Authors: David Holland
- Date: Apr 1997
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Change management; Leadership>Influence; Professional Values>Public interest representation
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Public Policy
Dealing With Legislation – A Trade Association Viewwith the issue. Keep it very brief, simple, and direct. You want to give them data and examples. Provide ... member of ours have received a call from us. I don’t care. If it impacts you, I'm going to call you and maybe ...
Description: Trade association representatives discuss their role and involvement in the legislative process, and suggest ways in which actuaries can have a greater influence in areas that impact their profession. From the 1997 Record of Society of Actuaries, Vol. 23, No. 3.Hide
- Authors: Amy C Viener, Janice Gregory, Lynn D Dudley
- Date: Oct 1997
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Public Policy