A Multi-Stakeholder Approach To Capital AdequacyAn example of the unique calibration is the direct feed of a company’s CAT model output into the economic ... capital from different perspectives. One of the primary tenets of statutory accounting is that it views ...
Description: This paper expands upon current capital analysis by introducing a practical approach that considers the objectives of all stakeholders of an insurance company in setting appropriate capital targets. In addition, the paper introduces a technique for estimating capital adequacy that is based on mapping stochastic distributions of regulatory and rating agency capital measures to observable financial rating transition matrices.Hide
- Authors: Robert Painter
- Date: May 2007
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Publication Name: Actuarial Practice Forum
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Capital management - ERM; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk measurement - ERM
ERM in Five Words Part 1: Resilience, Transparencythe firm. 3. Alignment—consistency between the primary strategic objectives of the firm and the objectives ... manage- ment programs, so that ERM supports the primary goals of the firm. 4. Adaptability—planning to ...
Description: The five words for ERM are transparency, discipline, alignment, adaptability and resilience. This article focuses on transparency, discipline and resilience.Hide
- Date: Dec 2017
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Influence; Leadership>Thought leadership; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Risk Management
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Capital management - ERM; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Enterprise Risk Management>Strategic risks