ACO Shared Savings – Can today’s friction turn into collaborationyears now in an attempt to reduce the total cost of care. Often neither party has a complete view of the ... that work better for both parties. Accountable Care Organization = ACO Risk Adjustment Value Based Insurance ...
Description: ACOs and payers have been engaged in shared savings agreements for several years now in an attempt to reduce the total cost of care. Often neither party has a complete view of the data with providers missing pharmacy data, and payers are often missing historic data on a provider group’s members when they were previously covered by other payers. Inconsistent data and black box predictive models have created friction that has become amplified given the continual increase in ACO membership and the dollars at stake. Learn how payers and providers are working through these challenges to find solutions that work better for both parties.Hide
- Authors: Jeremiah Reuter, , James Dolstad
- Date: Sep 2019
- Competency: Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data; Financial Reporting & Accounting; Health & Disability
Session 114: Integrated FP&A Projections and “What-if” AnalysisUNDERSTANDING THAT EACH INVESTOR WILL, WITH DUE CARE, MAKE ITS OWN STUDY AND EVALUATION OF EACH SECURITY ... licensors and suppliers disclaim liability for any direct or compensatory losses or damages caused to any ...
Description: Baseline and "what if"/stressed projections of cash flows, financial statements and capital requirements are critical inputs for a range of business purposes: forecasts, risk management, liquidity management, strategic decision making, etc. Forward-looking projections have historically been inefficient and were performed in silos, making it difficult to scale the process as CFOs and CROs ask for more. The presenters discuss challenges of the forecast process and opportunities to meet desired future capabilities. They will also discuss "what if" analysis and ways to support production of forward-looking projections for "what if" analysis in an efficient way.Hide
- Authors: Alexandre Lemieux, Youyou Tao, Jordan Edwards
- Date: Feb 2020
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk appetite; Financial Reporting & Accounting; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Generally Accepted Accounting Principles [GAAP]
U.S. and Canadian Demutualizations - Postmortemif you are thinking about coming public, your primary perspective is to figure out how to win over investors ... protection segment including life insurance and long-term-care products · A retail asset gathering segment which ...
Description: From a session at the annual meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in Chicago, Illinois, October 15-18, 2000 Panelists discuss the changes these companies were making, the experience so far as a public company, and how investors are viewing them.Hide
- Authors: Earl Martin, Barry L Shemin, Robert W Wilson, William J Wheeler, Caitlin F Long
- Date: Oct 2000
- Competency: Communication>Difficult message delivery; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting
IFRS 17: How May Future KPIs Look Like?IFRS 17: How May Future KPIs Look Like? Key performance indicators (KPIs) are essential in ... follow federal law. The Sherman Act, is the primary U.S. antitrust law pertaining to association activities ...
Description: Key performance indicators (KPIs) are essential in order to monitor and communicate a life insurance companies’ financial results, and effectively manage the business. This presentation will illustrate how the currently used KPIs may develop and evolve with the adoption and implementation of IFRS 17. Will the IFRS 17 insurance revenue be an appropriate measure for growth? Will the profitability and new business value measures be different? The panelists will discuss the implications of IFRS 17 on the existing KPIs and the possible changes that may lay aheadHide
- Authors: Dan Kim, Ralph M Ovsec, Thorsten Wagner
- Date: Aug 2020
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Financial Reporting & Accounting; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Financial Accounting Standards Board [FASB]; Financial Reporting & Accounting>International Financial Reporting Standards [IFRS]
Mergers and Acquisitionsadjustment process might you have to use to take care of things like interest rate changes between signing ... will be carved out. The seller will say we’ll take care of litigation with John Doe and his family. Mergers ...
Description: From a session at the 2000 Valuation Actuary Symposium held in Washington DC, September 14-15, 2000 Panelists use recent transactions and examples to demonstrate various operational, financial reporting and strategic aspects of insurance company mergers.Hide
- Authors: Mark Davis, Kevin D Mackay, Joseph M Rafson
- Date: Sep 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Compliance; Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting