Premiums in Regional Health Alliances Under the Clinton Administration's Proposed Health Security ActPremiums in Regional Health Alliances Under the Clinton Administration's Proposed Health ... Guaranteed issue=GI;Health care costs;Health care reform;Managed care;Medicaid;Medicare;Premiums;Risk ...
Description: This actuarial memorandum represents the first, formal actuarial opinion regarding the reasonableness of the premium estimates the Clinton Administration presented with its proposed Health Security Act. The memorandum presents the assumptions and methods used to develop an average 1994 premium estimate for the standard benefit package.Hide
- Authors: P Anthony Hammond
- Date: Jan 1995
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations
- Publication Name: Actuarial Research Clearing House
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Public Policy; Public Policy
Projected Cost Analysis of Potential Medicare Pharmacy Plan Designssignificant current public policy issues in health care is the lack of coverage for prescription drugs ... prescription drug claims data provided by Medicare managed care contributors and contains experience for over 50 ...
Description: Research report sponsored by SOA to model and compare projected costs of different proposals for a Medicare prescription drug coverage plan. 3 types of costs are studied: net benefit cost estimates per member per month, continuance table data, and projected annual costs to the government over 10 years for two selected plan designs.Hide
- Authors: Lynette Trygstad, Timothy Feeser, Corey Berger
- Date: Jul 2003
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership>Change management; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability>Public financing - Health & Disability; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Forecasting; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare; Technology & Applications>Analytics and informatics