IACA Strengthens and Unifies the African Actuarial Practicespecialties. It has been eye- opening to see the direct link between instrumental matters discussed within ... actuary at WesBank with broad experience in health care, social security and banking, based in Johannesburg ...
Description: This article briefly describes my journey within the actuarial profession as a volunteer. IACA's initiatives in Africa are also discussed.Hide
- Authors: Kudzai Chigiji
- Date: Sep 2017
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Professional network leverage; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: International News
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Actuarial Profession>Professional development
The Stepping StoneDiversity Committee (IDC). The volunteers who direct it, and the staff who support us, are all very ... minorities at all levels of the education system, from primary school to medical school. They developed recommendations ...
Description: metadata for the entire issueHide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: May 2016
- Competency: Communication>Oral communication; Communication>Persuasive communication; Communication>Written communication; Leadership>Change management; Leadership>Influence; Leadership>Mentoring; Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust; Relationship Management>Staff management and motivation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: The Stepping Stone
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Code of Conduct; Actuarial Profession>Competencies; Actuarial Profession>Entrepreneurism; Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Actuarial Profession>Traditional careers; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk appetite