Evaluating Managed Care Effectiveness: A Societal PerspectiveEvaluating Managed Care Effectiveness: A Societal Perspective This analysis provides an overview of ... of the functional components of the managed care system. It discusses the market forces underlying the ...
Description: This analysis provides an overview of the functional components of the managed care system. It discusses the market forces underlying the United States’ system for health care financing and delivery and suggests how market forces impact the health care industry. The analysis focuses on societal goals for health care delivery and on managed care’s effectiveness in enabling achievement of those goals. The analysis develops and uses an innovative model developed to summarize the complex interplay among the many stakeholders, or participants, in the health care system. The model provides a framework for analysis of the many relationships among stakeholders. The analysis also highlights current issues in managed care, particularly the barriers that impede collaboration among stakeholders.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, James Murphy, Jill S Schield
- Date: Oct 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability>Health care; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Government-funded healthcare
Board Of Governorsconcerns of other actuarial organizations, ils primary focus should be on the needs of current and prospective ... eligi- ble for food stamps and Medicaid, 375 day care centers, 165 senior citizens’ centers, and so on ...
Description: Article Board Of Governors by Bog in The Actuary, March 1979, Volume 13, Number 3Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator
- Date: Mar 1979
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Code of Conduct; Actuarial Profession>Qualifications; Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Experience Studies & Data>Mortality; Health & Disability>Accident insurance; Life Insurance>Non-forfeiture benefits