What does ERM mean for Health Practitioners?Why Care About Enterprise Risk Management? I n late 2008, the health insurance industry faced a number ... Garnett 10 New Member Impact on Medicaid Managed Care Costs By Bela Patel Fernandez and Jeff Smith ...
Description: In this article, the author discusses the considerations and advantages of implementing an integrated enterprise risk management program for a health insurance company, and presents a summary of Aetna's experience with ERM as a case study.Hide
- Authors: Max Rudolph
- Date: Feb 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Relationship Management>Staff management and motivation; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration>Effective decision-making; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Enterprise Risk Management; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Forecasting
Federal Versus State Regulation of Reinsuranceare not significant. The major insolvencies of direct writers have not related to reinsurance. Life insolvencies ... that is difficult to analyze. It is generally, for direct writers, considered to be an optional bill, but ...
Description: This session discussion was conducted in the format of a debate: Should regulation of reinsurance be under federal or state regulatory control?Hide
- Authors: John E Bailey, James R Horein, Denis W Loring, Eugene L Copeland, John E Tiller, Antonio Vila, Michael P. Tine
- Date: Oct 1992
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust; Results-Oriented Solutions
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Public Policy; Reinsurance
Bank Insurance Marketing to the Middle Market Consumer(values and motivations), technology advances, health care advances and the influence of the Internet for ... technologically self-assured middle market consumer. Health care knowledge is doubling every eight years with new ...
Description: Discussion of the selling of life insurance to the middle income market through banks and with the support of new technologies and underwriting processes.Hide
- Authors: Carmen F Effron
- Date: Jan 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Results-Oriented Solutions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: News Direct
- Topics: Annuities>Marketing and distribution - Annuities; Life Insurance>Underwriting - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Marketing and distribution - Life Insurance; Technology & Applications>E-commerce