The Stepping StoneDiversity Committee (IDC). The volunteers who direct it, and the staff who support us, are all very ... minorities at all levels of the education system, from primary school to medical school. They developed recommendations ...
Description: metadata for the entire issueHide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: May 2016
- Competency: Communication>Oral communication; Communication>Persuasive communication; Communication>Written communication; Leadership>Change management; Leadership>Influence; Leadership>Mentoring; Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust; Relationship Management>Staff management and motivation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: The Stepping Stone
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Code of Conduct; Actuarial Profession>Competencies; Actuarial Profession>Entrepreneurism; Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Actuarial Profession>Traditional careers; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk appetite
The Art of the Expert Witnessvolunteer something. However, in response to a direct question on an issue, responding truthfully and ... many of the specific criticisms Colin had are the direct result of that micromanagement style. I think ...
Description: From a session at a meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in Las Vegas, NV May 22-24, 2000 Discussion of expert witness testimony, the process involved in preparing expert witness reports, and the pitfalls.Also discussion of the differences between the role of expert witness versus a consultant to a lawyer. The proposed Actuarial Standard of Practice on expert witness work is also incorporated. Learn from two skilled professionals about the reason for expert witness testimony, the process involved in preparing expert witness reports, and the joys and pitfalls encountered.Hide
- Authors: Michael Conefry, Colin Southcote-Want
- Date: May 2000
- Competency: Communication>Active listening; Communication>Oral communication; Communication>Persuasive communication; Communication>Written communication; Professional Values; Professional Values>Ethical standards; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession; Actuarial Profession>Code of Conduct; Actuarial Profession>Standards of practice; Pensions & Retirement
Chairperson's CornerChairperson's Corner Chairperson's Corner for Reinsurance Section ... Solvency II, Big Data, incorporation of the Affordable Care Act, keeping pace with medical technological advances) ...
Description: Chairperson's Corner for Reinsurance Section outlines key areas of interest that members support most , its mission and volunteer opportunitiesHide
- Authors: Mary Broesch
- Date: Mar 2017
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership; Professional Values
- Publication Name: Reinsurance News
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Reinsurance