Managing Health CareManaging Health Care Panel discussion focusing on managing health care costs. Health care costs;Health ... maintenance organization=HMO ;Inflation;Managed care;Deductible; 14890 5/1/1977 12:00:00 AM ...
Description: Panel discussion focusing on managing health care costs.Hide
- Authors: Richard H Hoffman, William C Hsiao, Richard J Mellman
- Date: May 1977
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Public Policy; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Government-funded healthcare
Actuarial Issues and Policy ImplicationsActuarial Issues and ... Article from: Long-Term Care News December 2009 – Issue 24 [Editor’s ... and Policy Implications of a Federal Long-Term Care Insurance Program Dear Senator: To address increased ...
Description: A comment letter to policymakers produced jointly by the SOA and AAA presents findings from their actuarial analysis of the proposed CLASS Act. The analysis indicates that the proposed structure and funding approaches will be unsustainable, and will cover only a very small proportion of the intended population. The opt-out and guaranteed issue provisions of the plan pose a risk that soon the program will either need increased premiums and/or significant reductions.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries, American Academy of Actuaries, P J Stallard, Steven Schoonveld
- Date: Dec 2009
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Professional network leverage; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Economics>Health economics; Long-term Care>Public financing - Long-term Care