Soundbites from the American Academy of Actuaries’ Health Practice Councilgroups for providing input to key players as health care reform moves on from the legislative phase into ... existing workgroups in financial reporting, long term care, stop loss, disease management, Medicare SUpplement ...
Description: Updates on HPC activities, including new work groups for providing input to key players as health care reform moves on from the legislative phase into the regulatory phase, as well as ongoing activities of existing workgroups in financial reporting, long term care, stop loss, disease management, Medicare SUpplement, sovency, cancer claims experience, and risk adjustment.Hide
- Authors: Heather E Jerbi, Tim M Mahony
- Date: Sep 2010
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Leadership>Professional network leverage; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Public Policy; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Government-funded healthcare
Linking Quality and Cost: An Analysis of the Hospital Quality Information Initiative MeasuresLinking Quality and Cost: An Analysis of the Hospital Quality Information Initiative Measures Analysis ... informatics;Hospitalization;Payment reforms=Health care payment reforms; 6754 11/1/2006 12:00:00 AM ...
Description: Analysis of possible mathematical relationships between hospital quality and hospital billed or allowed charges or other measures, using quality data as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services along with the Hospital Quality Alliance for their Hospital Quality Initiative.Hide
- Authors: John Cookson, Eileen A Kurtz
- Date: Nov 2006
- Competency: Communication; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data; Health & Disability>Health care quality; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Data mining; Social Insurance>Medicare
Chairperson's Corneractuaries are recognized as leaders in the health care and disability markets. Mission Statement Prepare ... call for complexity models applied to a health care system. • A go-to guide on credibility. Projects ...
Description: Update on Health Section research projects and topics, including new vision and mission statements for the Health Section Council, research and communications projects, and information about the Health Actuarial Research Initiative.Hide
- Authors: Judy L Strachan
- Date: May 2011
- Competency: Communication; Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Experience Studies & Data; Public Policy; Technology & Applications>Analytics and informatics
Management Uses of Cash-Flow Testingprovisions for their liabilities. I think that’s not a direct quote, but it’s pretty close. They don’t need ... door wondering what we should be doing. He didn’t care what level of detail we gave him. He wanted to ...
Description: From a session at the 2000 Valuation Actuary Symposium held in Washington DC, September 14-15, 2000 In this session, panelists discussed how they have leveraged cash-flow testing to: • Influence investment decisions • Analyze risks • Expand Cash flow testing models to meet management requirements • Provide relevant information to regulators and rating agencies Panelists discussed the enhancements required to meet these needs and provide guidance on communication of results to a nontechnical audience.Hide
- Authors: Willard Rinehimer, Robert Buckner, Robert Welander
- Date: Sep 2000
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Asset liability management; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Statutory accounting; Modeling & Statistical Methods