Editorial - Facing The RevolutionEditorial - Facing The Revolution Summarizes articles in this edition of the newsletter, which ... that rejects ways of doing things that are not direct exten- sions of the past. Actuaries can and should ...
Description: Summarizes articles in this edition of the newsletter, which focus on insurance industry transformation and how actuaries can provide assistance in the process.Hide
- Authors: Robert Shapiro
- Date: May 1998
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Competencies; Enterprise Risk Management>Strategic risks
Financial Services Convergence: Impications for the Actuarial Professionfor the proposed federal insurance charters. The primary driver of federal insurance charters has been ... limitations with our current 50-state system. The primary limitations cited most frequently are speed-to-market ...
Description: Presented at May 2002 Spring Meeting. Insurance and banking experts update financial services convergence issues since the passage of Gramm-Leach-Bliley 'GLB, a.k.a. Financial Services Modernization Act'. Company reaction to the passage of GLB, actuarial contributions to the process and future actuarial implications are addressed.Hide
- Authors: Timothy J Tongson, Kristi A Matus
- Date: May 2002
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Competencies; Public Policy