T3: Taxing Times Tidbitsannuities, wellness benefits in qualified long-term care contracts, and reactivating the active financing ... exception for insurance companies. Annuities;Long-term care insurance=LTCI;Taxes=Taxation; 19961 5/1/2011 ...
Description: Tidbits relate to contingent deferred annuities, wellness benefits in qualified long-term care contracts, and reactivating the active financing exception for insurance companies.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Craig R Springfield, Bryan W Keene, Biruta P Kelly
- Date: May 2011
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Taxing Times
- Topics: Annuities>Guaranteed living benefits; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Tax accounting; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance
Hedging Variable Annuity Guarantees: A Practical DiscussionOnce the reinsurance market started to dry up, the direct writers had to look at other alternatives. Not ... there are even differences of opinion within our primary auditor in terms of how you should go about valuing ...
Description: From a session at the Spring meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in San Antonio, Texas, June 14-15, 2004 The panelists discuss the benefits of hedging variable annuity guarantees, the challenges they face and how they keep score.Hide
- Authors: Zafar Rashid, Francis Sabatini, Application Administrator, Daniel D Heyer, Mark Evans
- Date: Jun 2004
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities>Guaranteed living benefits; Annuities>Variable annuities; Finance & Investments>Risk measurement - Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Generally Accepted Accounting Principles [GAAP]; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Stochastic models