The SOA Leadership & Development section has pulled together the following resources for all section members.
Get to know your leaders: Get to know your leaders and some of their roles.
The 2019 Life & Annuity Symposium Full Set of Session Recordings is available to SOA members for no charge. Look for these sessions sponsored by the L&D Section:
- Session 06: We Go Together: Effective Relationships Between Actuaries and Non-Actuaries
- Session 14: From Technical Professional to Leader
- Session 38: Leadership & Development and Actuary of the Future Joint Section Continental Breakfast
- Session 68: Leadership Ethics and Professionalism: Managing Sticky Situations
L&D at the 2018 Health Meeting: Listen to recordings of sessions from the 2018 Health Meeting free of charge if you are a member of the SOA.
L&D at the 2019 Annual Meeting & Exhibit: Listen to recordings of sessions from the 2019 Annual Meeting & Exhibit free of charge if you are a member of the SOA:
- Session 10: Leadership & Development Section Breakfast: Achieving your Professional Goals
- Session 32: Women's Leadership Forum & Luncheon: Women and Purpose-Driven Innovation
- Session 82: Can We Just Talk? The Art of Feedback
- Session 100: The Rise of the Exponential Actuary: Part 1
- Session 112: The Rise of the Exponential Actuary: Part 2
- Session 155: Strategic Decision making: Are You Thinking Clearly?
Links of Interest: Explore career development resources such as interview tips, personal development websites and personality tests.
Tips On Article Writing: Are you interested in publishing an article? Click here to learn writing tips from our experienced newsletter contributor to get you started.
Actuarially, I Believe This Contest: See the winners from this 2019 contest.
Winners of the 2017 Leadership Inspiration Contest: See the winners from our recent Leadership Inspiration Contest. We had many entries and the decisions were difficult. Thanks to all who participated.
Reinsurance Section and Leadership & Development Section: Tracy Choka – Leadership through Actuarial Workplace Evolution and Disruption
Leadership & Development Section and Marketing & Distribution Section: Aree Bly – Align Mentally to Create Sustainable Success
Leadership & Development Section and Marketing & Distribution Section: Christine Hofbeck on Building Success Through Thoughtful Communication