Leadership & Development Section – 2020 Leadership
The mission of the Leadership & Development Section within the Society of Actuaries is to promote and facilitate leadership development, business perspective, and interpersonal skills for current and aspiring actuaries.
The key objectives of the section will be to:
- Provide tools to facilitate personal career development
- Provide results-oriented skills and knowledge for current and developing managers
- Build a bridge from technical knowledge to decision making and its implementation
- Develop educational opportunities and provide resources for all actuaries who strive to become more effective leaders within their business organizations
- Offer opportunities to network, enhance management practices and experience professional feedback.
Ying Zhao, Chairperson
Amanda Hug, Vice-Chairperson
David Ruiz, Secretary
Olyvia Leahy, Treasurer
John West Hadley
Beth Bernardi, Staff Partner
Jane Lesch, Section Specialist
Julia Anderson Bauer, Staff Editor