The Modeling Newsletter
This page contains archived articles from past publications. For new and future content, join the Emerging Topics Community, an online hub where you can engage directly with other actuaries. Follow the instructions here. Don’t forget to select the Emerging Topics Community and Modeling Group to stay up to date.
This newsletter is provided for informational and educational purposes only. Neither the Society of Actuaries nor the respective authors’ employers make any endorsement, representation or guarantee with regard to any content, and disclaim any liability in connection with the use or misuse of any information provided herein. This publication should not be construed as professional or financial advice. Statements of fact and opinions expressed herein are those of the individual authors and are not necessarily those of the Society of Actuaries or the respective authors’ employers.
- Minding the MediGap: Modeling Considerations for a Complex Product
- Analysis of 2020 S&P Equity Returns and the Importance for Actuaries
- Economic Scenario Generators, Part III: In-depth ESG Case Study—Academy Interest Rate Generator
- GAAP Long-Duration Targeted Improvements - Whether Largely a Compliance or Modernization Exercise, the Considerations for the Modeling Actuary are Numerous
- Keep Up With the Standards
Modeling Article Reference List: It contains every newsletter article categorized by author and topic for quick reference.