Predictive Analytics and Futurism Newsletter
This page contains archived articles from past publications. For new and future content, join the Emerging Topics Community, an online hub where you can engage directly with other actuaries. Follow the instructions here. Don’t forget to select the Emerging Topics Community and Predictive Analytics and Futurism Group to stay up to date.
This newsletter is provided for informational and educational purposes only. Neither the Society of Actuaries nor the respective authors’ employers make any endorsement, representation or guarantee with regard to any content, and disclaim any liability in connection with the use or misuse of any information provided herein. This publication should not be construed as professional or financial advice. Statements of fact and opinions expressed herein are those of the individual authors and are not necessarily those of the Society of Actuaries or the respective authors’ employers.
- Exploiting While Exploring: An Introduction to Bayesian Optimization
- Monitoring Machine Learning
- Modeling Extreme Events
- Unpacking Predictive Analytics for the Long-Term Care Insurance Industry: How New Approaches to Model Visualization Can Support Greater Understanding of Results
This article first appeared in the February 2021 issue of Long-Term Care News.
- Adapting Credibility Blended Rates to Encompass Machine Learning Predictions
- Back to the Futurism—New and Improved!
PAF Article Compilation: It contains every newsletter article since 2009 categorized by topic and specialty to better facilitate your learning and enjoyment.