The following is a listing of recent and upcoming professional development (PD) opportunities with significant GI relevant content.
Recent SOA sponsored PD relevant to GI included:
- Advanced Business Analytics, March 27–29, 2018
- 2018 ERM Symposium, April 19–20, 2018
- Economic Scenario Generation for the Practitioner Seminar, May 6, 2018
- Practical Predictive Analytics Seminar, May 9, 2018
- Python Boot Camp for Actuaries, May 22–23, 2018
- Asia-Pacific Annual Symposium, May 24–25, 2018
- SimErgy ERM Boot Camp, June 11–12, 2018
Upcoming SOA sponsored PD with topics relevant to GI include:
- 2018 Actuarial Research Conference (London, ON, Canada), Aug. 8–11, 2018
- Predictive Analytics Seminar—Malaysia, Aug. 27, 2018
- Predictive Analytics Seminar—Hong Kong, Aug. 29, 2018
- Predictive Analytics Seminar—Taiwan, Aug. 31, 2018
- Predictive Analytics Symposium (Minneapolis, Minn.), Sept. 20–21, 2018
- SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit (Nashville, Tenn.), Oct. 14–17, 2018
- Advanced Business Analytics (Chicago, Ill.), Dec. 12–14, 2018
For the 2018 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit in Nashville, Tenn., there is a full slate of GI specific/relevant sessions planned. GI specific/relevant sessions will include sessions with the following topics:
- Autonomous vehicles and loss cost trends
- Natural catastrophe protection in Latin America
- Results of survey on emerging risks
- Artificial intelligence
- IFRS 17
- Swiss Standard Solvency Model
- Emerging technology/business-led automation
- Innovation in automobile insurance
- Pet insurance
The SOA also offers E-Courses and webcast recordings for PD. Some of these are relevant to GI, such as:
- Applications of Statistical Techniques for Professional Development E-Course
- Enterprise Risk Management E-Course
- Insurance Analytics with Machine Learning: A Primer for Actuaries Webcast Recording
We are also in the planning stages for a webcast in July on the future of mobility with autonomous vehicles.
In addition to offerings from the SOA, there are plenty of GI PD opportunities from other sources. For example:
- In April, the European Actuarial Academy held the seminar, “Loss Reserving in Property and Casualty.”
- In May, the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries hosted the IFOA Asia Conference.
- At the end of May, the Singapore Actuarial Society held the General Insurance Conference.
- In June, the IAA is holding the International Congress of Actuaries in Berlin, Germany. Also in June, the European Actuarial Academy is presenting a seminar in Milan, Italy on “The Actuarial Control Cycle—Traditional and New Applications in Case Studies,” and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries is holding its Annual Meeting.
- In September, The Canadian Institute of Actuaries is holding the “Seminar for the Appointed Actuary” and the Actuarial Society of Hong Kong is holding the Asian Actuarial Conference.
- In November, the Institute of Actuaries of Australia is holding the General Insurance Seminar in Sydney, NSW, Australia.