By Nicole Fende
In 2015 the EAS council will continue to focus on providing unique services and opportunities to entrepreneurial professionals. With a robust 20 options for SOA members, each section has an opportunity to focus on specific needs.
In 2015 our goals are to:
- Explore and promote innovation in our profession;
- Offer educational opportunities to grow and develop your soft skills, with a focus on sales and marketing;
- Continue to sponsor sessions at key actuarial conferences throughout the year;
- Look for ways to help current and new independent consultants learn about the business side of running a business;
- Nurture connectivity through in-person events as well as online;
- Work with other sections to better serve our members; and
- Sponsor the first ever virtual actuarial conference.
Will these goals meet your needs? What do you want to see in the new year? This is your section. We welcome your feedback, input, and involvement.
Nicole Fende, ASA, is president of the Small Business Finance Forum. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.