By Adam Vanevenhoven
MaD continues to focus largely on a single comprehensive research project. Previously, MaD sponsored an analysis of middle market consumers’ attitudes towards life insurance purchases. The section spent much of 2013 presenting the results in various forums. MaD also partnered with the SOA International Section to initiate a similar analysis of middle market Chinese consumers.
MaD-Sponsored Meeting Sessions
At the 2014 Life & Annuity Symposium MaD is sponsoring the following meeting sessions:
- Session 35 Panel Discussion: Understanding the Changing Life Insurance Market in China; and
- Session 72 Panel Discussion: Chronic Illness Acceleration Riders.
MaD is sponsoring sessions covering a wide variety of topics at the 2014 Annual Meeting & Exhibit. Those topics include:
- A discussion of middle market consumer attitudes toward life insurance in the United States and China;
- The Retirement Dilemma: Buying Longevity Products or Covering Your Health Care Costs—Analysis from a Sales & Marketing Viewpoint;
- Communicating to Your Company’s Sales & Marketing Team and Agents; and
- Predictive Analytics for Marketing & Distribution and Why Actuaries Should Care.
If you have feedback about any meeting sessions or would like to share ideas for future events, please contact any current member of the MaD council to share your thoughts
Since the last newsletter MaD sponsored the following webinar:
- Distribution and Marketing of Long Term Care Alternatives: Chronic Illness, Critical Illness and Long Term Care Combination Products , Dec. 16, 2013.
Do you have an interest in helping the MaD section bring value to its members while meeting others with similar professional interests? A great opportunity to make an impact is coming up soon! Section elections begin in August, with official candidate lists due May 31st. Three positions on the MaD council will be filled during this year’s elections. If you’re interested in running for one of those positions, please contact any current member of the council before that deadline.
Alternatively, for anyone interested in getting involved with MaD, a great way to get started is by becoming a friend of the council. By doing so, you can join in on monthly conference calls with the council and find additional opportunities to participate in section activities. To become a friend, simply contact any member of the council.
Adam Vanevenhoven, FSA, MAAA, is a director at Prudential. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.