As editors, we face the decision each quarter of accepting or declining authors' submitted articles, particularly those that describe the solutions their companies' software products offer to actuaries.
Our first guide in making these decisions is the Mission Statement of the Technology Section:
"The mission of the section shall be to promote the exchange of information concerning technology as it relates to the work of actuaries through activities such as meetings, seminars, research studies and by facilitating the adoption of new technology."
Closely related to the mission statement is the principle of non-endorsement. Our position on software is:
WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY SOFTWARE THAT IS DISCUSSED IN THE COMPACT NEWSLETTER.
In This Issue
- Letter from the Chair
- Letter from the Editors
- Financial Modelling – Evaluating Spreadsheet complexity
- ASC - Actuarial Spreadsheet Chaos
- Online Learning Comes of Age
- The R Corner – Aggregate Function
- How Fast Can You Do Trial and Error?
- Articles Needed for CompAct Newsletter