Partial Waiver of Meeting Fees
Eligibility: Full-time academic member, Full-time faculty (CAE), SOA Hickman Scholar, Credentialed Ph.D. candidate
Contact Tiffany Tatsumi, Manager, University Programs to request authorization for this academic benefit.
Qualified SOA Meetings: The following SOA meetings are approved for partial waivers:
- Life & Annuity Symposium
- Health Meeting
- Valuation Actuary Symposium
- Annual Meeting
- Predictive Analytics Symposium
- Fellowship Admissions Course
A partial waiver equal to 50 percent of the full SOA member registration fee for the qualifying meeting is available for SOA members who are full-time academics, full-time faculty at CAE schools, active SOA Hickman Scholars and credentialed Ph.D. candidates. Requests for partial fee waivers must be made at the time of registration.
- In a given calendar year, the amount waived for a single meeting may not exceed the regular SOA member registration fee for the SOA Annual Meeting in that calendar year.
- No individual may have more than $2,500 (U.S.) total in waived fees per calendar year.