Careers at SOA
Careers at SOA
The Society of Actuaries (SOA) is the world’s largest actuarial organization. With roots dating back to 1889, the SOA has more than 31,000 actuaries as members in 86 countries and over 30,000 actuarial candidates in 105 countries. The SOA employs 147 people in the Chicago area, Canada, and China to help fulfill its mission through research and education, to advance actuaries as leaders in measuring and managing risk, and to improve financial outcomes for individuals, organizations, and the public.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Staff Vision
The SOA seeks out, welcomes, and employs individuals with diverse backgrounds. We celebrate the diverse experiences, opinions, and perspectives that are reflected in society.
The SOA supports and encourages its staff to express themselves freely and respectfully without repercussion through an authentic, open, and inclusive culture that provides opportunities for all to grow and succeed in a safe and equitable work environment.
The SOA seeks out relationships with partners and vendors that support diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of their culture and business practices.
- The SOA’s CEO Greg Heidrich signed the CEO Action for Diversity & InclusionTM pledge in support of the SOA’s DEI efforts, pledging to make our organization a trusting place to have complex conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- The SOA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee (DEIC) works closely with our leadership and staff to support the future of the profession, as part of the SOA’s Long-Term Growth Strategy. In June 2021, the SOA Board of Directors approved the DEIC’s robust Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategy.
- To view additional information about the SOA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI Webpage.
At the SOA we value integrity, excellence, and curiosity.
We care about one another, our stakeholders, and the actuarial profession.
We embrace innovation, celebrate our achievements, and learn from our failures.
We cultivate an environment of collaboration, diversity, and respect.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The SOA will provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, order of protection status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable law. Such action shall include but is not limited to: initial consideration for employment; job placement and assignment of responsibilities; performance evaluation; promotion and advancement; compensation and fringe benefits; training and professional development opportunities; formulation and application of human resource policies and rules; facility and service accessibility; and discipline and termination.
SOA employees enjoy:
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Flexible schedules
- Casual dress
- Continuing educational opportunities, including tuition assistance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer contribution
- Wellness reimbursements