The SOA Update
- See the SOA elections candidates for president-elect and the SOA Board. Voting opens Aug. 19.
- Read about the proposed legal structure changes and the upcoming vote for Fellows.
- The North American Actuarial Journal’s Editorial Board announced the Annual Prize for best paper published in 2018,“Potential ‘Savings' of Medicare: The Analysis of Medicare Advantage and Accountable Care Organizations.”
Be informed before you vote. Read about candidate goals, leadership styles and plans for the future.
This role could be a boon for insurance companies, freeing up actuaries’ time by developing, maintaining and executing models. With the right business knowledge and technical expertise, this role could bridge the gap between IT, stakeholders and actuaries.
Risk appetite. Risk exposure. Risk tolerance. Risk limit dashboard. What are these concepts and how do they apply to you? Read The Actuary and learn.
Access this year's ATC presentations.
Actuaries and industry leaders will gather Oct. 27-30 in Toronto for the SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit.
The SOA Board proposes a change to the legal structure and tax-exempt status of the organization. It involves creating a new not-for-profit entity tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code, which will adopt the Society of Actuaries name. Read more about this change.
The new digital format is user-friendly, fast and easily shareable. Check your section's homepage for the latest issue.
"The podcast is a testament to the breadth of work that actuaries do. From climate and retirement to opioids and InsurTech, there are a lot of fascinating projects underway and this podcast has its pulse on them." - Nate Worrell, FSA, MAAA
SOA Valuation Actuary Symposium - Virtual Sessions
- PBR Attribution Analysis: How to Explain Reserve Movements
- Multi-GAAP Implementation (IFRS 17 & FASB IT) - Synergy in Achieving Smart Compliance
Have a detailed and robust process for develop significant pension assumptions. Join us for this webcast Aug. 29, 12-1:30 p.m. ET.
Learn about the endorsed candidates for the SOA Board and president-elect positions.