The SOA Update
- Join us in recognizing all of the 2019 award winners for volunteer service.
- The SOA released analysis of the opioid epidemic cost on the U.S. economy, at least $631 billion over four years. Read the report's projected costs for 2019 under three scenarios.
- Learn about the private sector mortality tables, Pri-2012.
Send your session proposals for the 2020 Health Meeting.
Enter the SOA Sweepstakes for a chance to win one of three $500 Amazon gift cards. It's easy to enter, no purchase necessary.
Andy Rallis, 2019-2020 SOA President, surprised attendees at the SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit in Toronto rapping about his life, actuarial work and the global nature of the profession.
Find out how the data privacy rights will affect actuarial work. GDPR Implications for Actuarial Work Webcast. Nov. 26.
November is For Learning:
Register by Dec. 19 for the Predictive Analytics Certificate Program
Thank you for your leadership, expertise and knowledge. Congratulations on this outstanding achievement. You inspire us!
Don't miss seminar instructor James Guszcza, FSA, FCAS, Ph.D. US Chief Data Scientist at Deloitte Consulting at the Advanced Business Analytics Seminar, Dec. 11-13 in Chicago.
- Data Scientist - Analytics
- Waltham, MA
- Devoted Health
- Assistant Vice President, Actuarial
- King of Prussia, PA
- BCS Financial Corporation
- Liability Driven Investing Solutions Strategist / Pension Actuary
- Atlanta, GA
- Voya Investment Management LLC
Go beyond your technical abilities to make an impact in your organization, industry and society. Read The Actuary.
Congrats to the winners of the 2019 Predictive Modeling, Innovation and Industry Contest sponsored by the Predictive Analytics and Futurism Section and the Technology Section. See who won and read the winning submissions on GitHub.