Archive Spring 2019: Funding and Regulation Exam (Canada Only)
December 4, 2018
Due to the changes to the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 syllabus mid-cycle; if you ordered the Fall 2018 study notes and need the Revision set, there will be no charge.
November 2, 2018
- Study note FR-121-18 has the title updated to reflect the actual note supplied with the study notes package.
- Study note FR-128-18 has been replaced with FR-128-19 to reflect guidance from the Canadian Institute of Actuaries regarding assumptions for hypothetical wind-up and solvency valuations in effect on October 30, 2018.
- Study notes FR-114-18, FR-115-18, FR-123-17 and FR-131-16 have been replaced with FR-114-19, FR-115-19, FR-123-19 and FR-131-19 respectively to reflect the current Pension Benefits Act (Ontario) and Regulations in effect on October 30, 2018. In particular, these updated study notes reflect Ontario’s new pension funding requirements.
- In Learning Objective 1, references to the relevant sections of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries’ Consolidated Standards of Practice have been updated.
- In Learning Objective 5, Study note FR-142-19 has been added to supplement the other study notes relating to Ontario’s new pension funding requirements.
- In Learning Objective 7, links to the Society of Actuaries’ Code of Professional Conduct and Qualification Standards have been updated.
August 9, 2018
The case study is now available.