Questions to ask a university/college actuarial program contact
The following set of questions may help you to assess the quality of an actuarial program you are considering:
- How many students are in the actuarial program?
- How many faculty? Do any faculty members hold actuarial credentials (e.g., ASA, FSA, FCAS, FCIA)?
- Does your school have an actuarial club? What are its key functions?
- On average, how many actuarial exams do your students pass by graduation?
- On average, what is your job placement rate?
- Does your school hold actuarial career fairs or other on-campus events with actuarial employers? How many actuarial employers typically attend?
- On average, how many of your students have at least one internship by graduation?