Benefits of the CAE designation to the university include:
- Selection as a Center of Actuarial Excellence gives a university the ability to use the CAE designation and the CAE logo in its promotional materials.
- CAE universities are eligible to compete for grants in education and research. Only schools designated CAE may compete for these grants.
- CAE universities are invited to send one faculty member at the SOA’s expense to the CAE Faculty Conference typically held in June on odd numbered years.
Reimbursement of fees for three individual student preliminary exam registrations each academic year (MFE, MLC and C1 are eligible).
- Participation in one of the following programs each academic year:
- SOA's promotion of Centers of Actuarial Excellence through the Web site, articles and other means.
1Effective July 1, 2018 the new Statistics for Risk Modeling Exam will be eligible for reimbursement along with the Investment and Financial Markets Exam and the Long- and Short-Term Actuarial Mathematics Exams.
In addition, CAE status:
- Assures prospective students that they will be well prepared for actuarial practice
- Assures employers that graduates have successfully completed a rigorous educational program and are prepared for professional practice
- Assures alumni that the school maintains high standards for its actuarial science program, and that future graduates are prepared to address the challenges of tomorrow
Please direct questions regarding the CAE program to