SOA Annual Meeting - 2006
The Education and Research Section has organized three sessions for the 2006 SOA Annual Meeting to be held October 15th – 18th in Chicago at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers. These sessions include the traditional E&R hosted continental breakfast, as well as, panel discussions on Financial Economics and techniques for selecting representative scenarios. Below is the complete schedule:
- Education and Research Continental Breakfast:
- Come enjoy this opportunity to network over breakfast with fellow section members amidst an informal discussion on current issues of interest and section activities.
- Financial Economics and Increasing the Value of Actuaries in the Corporate World:
- Stuart Klugman and Henry McMillan will discuss both the value of applying financial economics to actuarial work and the efforts of the SOA to help actuaries better recognize and take advantage of work opportunities involving financial economics.
- Techniques for Selecting Scenarios From Stochastic Scenario Sets:
- Dr. Sarah L.M. Christiansen will moderate a panel discussion on techniques for selecting appropriate, representative scenarios from a set of stochastically generated, economic scenarios. Our panel of Dr. Yvonne Chueh, Steve Craighead, and Larry Gorski will also discuss both methods for validating the selected scenarios and the American Academy of Actuaries' perspective on scenario selection techniques.
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago at these engaging sessions.