2007 SOA Annual Meeting
The 2007 SOA Annual meeting will take place Oct. 14–17 at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington D.C. The Education and Research section will sponsor a showcase session called "Analytics You Should Know but Don't." Our goal is to introduce new techniques that are being used to measure or model risk that are outside of the standard actuarial training. Some of the topics that we will cover are:
- Using quantile regression or predictive modeling in the design of dashboard models,
- Using cluster analysis to
- Categorize risk behavior,
- Detect fraud,
- Improve runtime by model point compression, and
- Developing real time event monitoring.
Our session coordinator is Chuck Fuhrer.