As a Society of Actuaries (SOA) member, you're required to adhere to the SOA Code of Professional Conduct as a core competency in whatever you do. Applying Professionalism Worldwide shows you how to apply the precepts in specific scenarios, with a special focus on actuaries who live or work outside of the United States.
This course covers the SOA Code of Professional Conduct Precepts, excluding Precepts 5 and 6.
At the end of this e-course, you should be able to:
- Identify ways a precept helps guide you in various scenarios.
- Describe the interrelationship between precepts.
- Decide the best alternative to comply with a precept in a certain scenario.
- This e-course is intended as continuing professional development (CPD) for any practicing actuary.
- This e-course is for professional development. It's not intended to substitute for any professionalism requirements for the ASA, CERA or FSA credentials. If you wish to register for an e-learning module to attain a designation, please visit the e-learning module Web page .
- Ultimately, it's an actuary's responsibility to make a reasonable, good-faith determination of what continuing education opportunities will enhance his or her ability to practice in a desired field. For more information on continuing education requirements, visit soa.org/CE .