Focusing on the topic of Principle Based Reserves (PBR), the SOA offers on-demand education. The PBR series consists of ten micro-lessons providing foundational education on PBR and requirements of VM-20. The lessons range between 15-30 minutes in length, include a narrated portion and a knowledge check, while some lessons also have a video on a complex concept. Listed below are the topics covered in this PBR series.
You may elect to use the micro-lessons for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits. Visit http://www.soa.org/cpd/for more details on CPD.
Listed below are the topics covered in the PBR Professional Development Series. You may elect to use the micro-lessons for CPD credit.
- Credibility/ASOP 25
- Application of Exclusion Test
- Stochastic Modeling & Model Compression Techniques
- Product Development & Pricing Under PBR
- VM-20 Liability Assumptions Overview
- VM-31 Reporting
- VM-20 Asset Assumptions Overview
- Underwriting Criterial Scoring Calculator
- Relative Risk Tool
Approx. 5 Hours