Precept 3 is part of a series of four professional development e-courses designed to teach you the practical application of the SOA Code of Professional Conduct. It covers standards of practice.
Section 1: E-Course Overview
Section 2: Overview of Precept 3
Section 3: Precept 3 and Other Precepts
Section 4: Handling Precept 3 Violations
Section 5: E-Course Test
After you complete this e-course, you should be able to:
- Explain how Precept 3 provides guidance on particular tasks.
- Determine the interrelationship between Precept 3 and other precepts.
- Identify ways to proactively avoid, defuse or resolve a violation of the precept.
- Describe the disciplinary process as overseen in the U.S. by the Actuarial Board for Counseling and Discipline (ABCD).
This e-course is intended for individuals engaged in the actuarial profession at any level looking to fulfill their CPD requirement.
- This e-course is for professional development. It's not intended to substitute for any professionalism requirements for the ASA, CERA or FSA credentials. If you wish to register for an e-learning module to attain a designation, please visit the e-learning module Web page .
- Ultimately, it's an actuary's responsibility to make a reasonable, good-faith determination of what continuing education opportunities will enhance his or her ability to practice in a desired field. For more information on continuing education requirements, visit soa.org/CE .