The Regulation and Taxation e-course gives you an overview of the regulatory environment in Taiwan.
Section 1: Overview
Section 2: Solvency Regulation
Section 3: Market Regulation
Section 4: Other Regulations Affecting Product Design
Section 5: Taxation-Revenue Collection
Section 6: Other External Forces
Section 7: Wrap-Up
Section 8: End-of-Course Test
After completing this e-course, you should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of regulation and taxation.
- Identify the regulatory and tax environments for insurance and annuities.
- Describe the types of regulations of insurance in Taiwan.
- Define how the taxation of insurance and annuities affects product development, reserving, pricing and business practices.
- This e-course is intended for individuals engaged in the actuarial profession at any level looking to fulfill their CPD requirement.
- Other professionals interested in or impacted by important topics related to the actuarial field.
- This e-course may be suitable to meet the Basic Requirement provisions of Section B of the SOA CPD requirement.
- This e-course may also be suitable to meet the provisions of an Alternative Compliance standard.
- This e-course is for professional development. It's not intended to substitute for any professionalism requirements for the ASA, CERA or FSA credentials. If you wish to register for an e-learning module to attain a designation, please visit the e-learning module Web page .
- Ultimately, it's an actuary's responsibility to make a reasonable, good-faith determination of what continuing education opportunities will enhance his or her ability to practice in a desired field. For more information on continuing education requirements, visit soa.org/CE .