Lifetime Volunteer Awards
The SOA created this award in 2019 to honor long-time volunteers for their continued support and mentorship as an actuary. This award signifies a volunteer member’s lifetime achievement in contributing to and advancing the profession. It is the highest volunteer recognition bestowed by the SOA.
We need your assistance in nominating members for this prestigious honor. Read the guidelines and criteria for how to nominate someone. Submit your nomination by June 17, 2019.
Any SOA volunteer or staff member can nominate an individual who has volunteered.
- Volunteers can only receive this award once. Previous recipients of this award are not eligible to be nominated again.
- Nominees may have been a previous recipient of the Outstanding Volunteer Award.
- Must be a current SOA member. Non-SOA members are not eligible.
- Must be nominated for volunteer activities within the SOA ONLY – not The Actuarial Foundation.
- Must not be an SOA Board of Director, President or past President for the past three years.
- Must have volunteered within the last 12 months.
When nominating a volunteer, consider the following types of contributions a lifetime volunteer demonstrates.
- Provides ongoing contributions for more than 15 years
- Provides material contributions that advance the actuarial profession
- Represents SOA strategic initiatives to the broader actuarial community
- Demonstrates strong commitment and gets results
- Exhibits extraordinary effort
- Takes on a leadership role and inspires others
- Mentors new volunteers
- Communicates effectively
- Provides new ideas and participates in the implementation of those ideas
- Invites collaboration in team activities
- Inspires growth and advancement of the actuarial profession
Please complete a Nomination Form for each individual nominee. You may attach any supporting documentation you wish to include directly in the Nomination Form. Please submit nominations by June 17, 2019.
All nominations will be forwarded to the Society of Actuaries’ Volunteer Awards Committee when you click on the Submit Button within the document. This committee is comprised of SOA volunteers from the Education, Research, Professional Development, International and Special Practice areas of the SOA. The team will review the submissions and select the 2019 Honorees.
Award recipients will be announced at the SOA Annual Meeting, October 27-31, 2019.
Any questions regarding this process can be directed to the Volunteer Resource Specialist at email@example.com.