SOA Annual Outstanding Volunteer Awards
The SOA recognizes our volunteers for their outstanding dedication, team collaboration and effective communication, leadership and their inspiration to others. This award provides a way for members and staff to help recognize volunteers for their contributions to the SOA and the profession.
We need your assistance in identifying individuals for the 2020 awards. Tell us why one of your peers, colleagues or mentors deserve this award. Read the guidelines and submission details below on how you can nominate someone for this important recognition from the SOA. Submit your nomination by June 12, 2020.
See the 2019 recipients of the Annual Outstanding Volunteer Award.
Any SOA volunteer or staff member can nominate an individual who has volunteered.
SOA Outstanding Volunteer Award nominees must:
- be a current SOA Member. Non-SOA Members are not eligible for nomination.
- have volunteered with the SOA in the last 18 months.
- be nominated for volunteer activities within the SOA ONLY – not The Actuarial Foundation.
- not be a current SOA Board Member.
- not be a previous Outstanding Volunteer Award recipient within the last five (5) years.
When nominating a volunteer, consider the following types of contributions an outstanding volunteer demonstrates.
- Contributes to superior performance and growth
- Demonstrates strong commitment and gets results
- Exhibits extraordinary effort
- Takes on a leadership role and inspires others
- Mentors new volunteers
- Communicates effectively
- Provides new ideas and participates in the implementation of those ideas
- Invites collaboration in team activities
Please complete a Nomination Form for each individual nominee. You may attach any supporting documentation you wish to include directly in the Nomination Form. Please submit nominations by June 12, 2020.
All nominations will be forwarded to the Society of Actuaries’ Volunteer Awards Committee when you click on the Submit Button within the document. This committee is comprised of SOA volunteers from the Education, Research, Professional Development, International and Special Practice areas of the SOA. The team will review the submissions and select the 2019 Honorees.
Award recipients will be announced at the SOA Annual Meeting, October 25-28, 2020.
Any questions regarding this process can be directed to the Volunteer Resource Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.