COVID-19 Mortality Data Sources in the U.S
The following is a list of the current summary data now being produced by the CDC that may be of interest to actuaries:
- Weekly data by gender and age group since 2/2020 for COVID-19 deaths and all CODs
- Weekly data since 1/2019 by State and select causes of death (COD)
- Weekly data for COVID-19, Influenza/Pneumonia and all CODs since 2/2020 by State
- Cumulative data for COVID-19, Influenza/Pneumonia and all CODs since 2/1/2020 by age, gender and State
- Cumulative data for COVID-19 and all CODs since 2/1/2020 by county and State
- Cumulative COVID-19 deaths with comorbidities since 2/1/2020
- Excess deaths since 1/2018 by State
This report provides various summaries of the above listed data and provides observations from these summaries, with a goal to help actuaries understand the emerging trends in mortality due to COVID-19.
Research Insights – COVID-19 Mortality Data Sources in the U.S
Questions Or Comments?
If you have comments or questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.